www.lucid-research.com (referred to as "website") is owned and operated by Lucid Research Limited (Registered Number 3137433) whose registered office address is at 3 Spencer Street, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 9EL, United Kingdom.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you of the changes via this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA INCLUDING E-MAIL ADDRESSES
You may choose to buy products from us or receive additional information or services from us. When you purchase our products or request additional information, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We process your Personal Data only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data, we tell you the purposes for which we will process that data. Some of these purposes may include the following:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;.
- We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our products and services.
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research.
- We may use your Personal Data internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
We hope you will be delighted with our products and services. However, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail us at the address given below with "Email Unsubscribe" in the subject heading.
If you also wish to be removed from our post marketing database, please let us know by e-mailing us at the address given below with "Mail Unsubscribe" in the subject heading or writing to us at the address given below.
ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally - it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many of our visitors are from outside of the UK.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our visitors' demographics.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of this website and our e-mail updates, to better understand our customers and visitors, and to improve the services we offer. Although your IP address is not considered to be Personal Data, we may disclose your IP address to law enforcement authorities or other similar organisations if required to do so.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary "cookies" that collect the first level domain name of the user (for example, if your e-mail address is "email@example.com," the cookie collects the "bigmail.com" portion of your e-mail address) and the date and time you accessed this website.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. Modifying the settings on your browser will enable you to accept or decline cookies. Please note that deleting or rejecting cookies may affect your usage or our website.
[For more information on deleting or rejecting cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. ]
[Two types of cookies (may be used/are used) on this website:
Session cookies - which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies - which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period of time.]
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs). These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
For further information about web beacons, please visit "Web beacons" at www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with [other companies within our group of companies or] third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the "unsubscribe" procedure set out above.
- Where you have consented, we may also [share your Personal Data with other companies within our group of companies or] disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
DATA INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of Personal Data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. The security measures in place on our website and computer systems aim to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide to us. We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given below.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United States of America), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.